After a few sessions painting the rocks, not all of them mind you! I've now added grass tufts and a few small twigs from the garden. All that's left to do now is add pigments to the base and figures & finish off the metal areas of the gun and spear. I may even add a few ejected shell cases using tiny brass rod around the footsoldier too.
Here the figures are in place to give you a sneak preview of how it will look.
Thanks guys, well finally the project is finished! I used some vms pigments on the base to get the earth tones I wanted then with the figures in place dusted their legs to tie em in. Some very fine brass rod was used to add some spent shell casings around the foot soilder. it's been a real learning curve building this not least painting african skin tones & red uniforms in acrylics but I got there in the end! more pics in the gallery.