After looking at many a Syrian T72, I have noticed that most if not all, are missing the thermal sleeve on the barrel. So the first step was to get the poor mans lathe out and rework the barrel
I then started on the running gear. Now this kit has an alloy lower hull, and believe me it ain't easy getting the wheels on and straight too . After a few colourful words and lots of CA the wheelage is on and staying there too .
Next I had a bash at the turret, well guess what, yes you need filler on the bugger. Also you need to trim the connecting lugs for the hull, if don't the turret will not traverse .
Oh yeah...this is going to be a good one. Looking forward to it, Paul.
"You watch the world exploding every single night Dancing in the sun a newborn in the light, Brothers and their fathers joining hands and make a chain The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again......" ------"The Wicker Man", by Iron Maiden
Thanks for the comments and for tagging along again chaps .
Vlad you're right, these are fun kits if you like plenty of work and have loads of patience .
Today I fiddled the link and length tracks onto the running gear , link and length in 1/72 are not funny . You also need to sand all the connecting points a tad, other wise they don't join up , also the little toads don't really react to TET, it takes ages for the glue to set .
Anyway, I'll get cracking on some turret detail now.
Cheers chaps, whilst I'm stuck inside today (waiting for an Amazon delivery ) I got some more work done the turret . I thinned the smoke pod holder down as this was a tad thick, added a sight, built up one stowage bin (some work needed here to get it to fit right), added the frontal armour . That's it for now, more later
Turret: MC don't wish for you to add any extra ERA blocks , well feck 'em, I did. The blocks are from Royal Model, set no. 816. After checking the net I added these around the turret a seen on real vehicles . Also I added the attachment bolts to the frontal turret armour .
Hull: Joined the two halves together, I was really worried here. The glacis is a separate part and needs joining to the upper hull before fitting to the lower. Thank gawd it went without an issue . Chopped off the mud guards, added one side skirt and thinned the visible sides down, added a new exhaust as the kit one has nothing to do with T72 'zorst .
Next move: Get the second side skirt on, add the ERA blocks to the skirts and glacis.