They certainly have presence and now they have colour. The colours look a little bright but in reality are darker. I intend to use the black tinted "Klear" trick to pop the details a bit more, so hopefully it will all tone down some more.
2 bang seats.
In the pit.
All closed up.
As ever with wingy things not a lot will be visible but the painting was theraputic.
Great looking Tornado so far. First class work on that cockpit tub.
"You watch the world exploding every single night Dancing in the sun a newborn in the light, Brothers and their fathers joining hands and make a chain The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again......" ------"The Wicker Man", by Iron Maiden
More progress. No longer held toghether with tape and clamps, this is now one BIG lump of plastic (and 2ozs of lead in the nose) which despite the struggles has turned out quite well.
Some of the joins however left gaps which I did not fancy having to use filler on. So I went back in the archives (darkest corners of my head.... and don't ask) and used an old trick to fill them. Airfix used to provide a very thin sheet of plastic for the belts etc on their 54mm figures. I have quite a bit of this and used as follows. Push the sheet into the gaps and then run a little TET along it. When dry, sharp blade to remove and bingo, no nasty gap. If need be you can double the sheet up and fill larger gaps.
In the second picture you can see areas that have been treated.
Finally the under wing goodies which will be used.
Back to work tomorrow therefore updates as and when.