Okay mushtys, work was a pain in the rear end , but still I got going on the rustification outwards .
I added some pigments to the outer hull, using more or less the dry brush method . To the front and rear fenders I added the pigments using the pigment fixer, to get a better rusty build up like on cheap steel .
It's a problem knowing where to stop on this, I think I might start on the base now to see something different . That way I won't go to far for the moment .
Not saying yours is off mate!!! looks the dogs to me........
I use a different method to you. yours looks pretty mess-free whereas mine is two airbrushes and a lot of dunking in water and stuff, adding layers of different colours of paint and pigments. Bear in mind I work in a larger scale so the effect has to be more 3d than in 35th. I would add some of the original paint, after varnishing/ protecting what you have, and then use the hairspray /salt/wood glue method to remove some until it looks right. But that is my preference and again that works in the larger scale. I have seen wrecks with no paint left on but a little original colour in nooks and crannies helps to break up the all over rust.
ps Paul you must have a bitch of a job mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with Bill....SOME original paint here and there would add to the visual interest and draw the eye around the model, it's also a good idea to work on the base before progressing because this would have 'grown' into it's surroundings to be in this condition, so whatever's on the ground, would be on the vehicle too