Cheers Boots, Steve, Guy, Ian, Pete and, Si. Thanks for your encouragement. I might have been tempted to elbow it, but I can't really do that now after you lads took the trouble to help. I blew over a lighter coat in certain areas to highlight some of the detail. I've also started to put on a few more bits and pieces, and applied the decals. The decals have been weathered a bit, but the carrier film on the number 3 needs a little more attention. I've been using the bottom of the hull as a test piece for weathering and painting. I sprayed Vallejo Matt Varnish on top of the Ammo Mig paint I'd used. It went on absolutely fine. What's more, It didn't react when I put water, or a wash on it. I'll give it a coat of gloss next time I use it to see if there is any reaction with that. I don't want to risk anything that will show just in case.
Thank you Tommy, Paul, Ian, Boots, Guy, Pete and Marco. Very much appreciated.
Not much left to do now. After the wash problems, some of the parts that I hadn't varnished are a different colour. I'm going to settle for that as I don't want to screw anything else up. I've got to finish the jerrycans, water canisters, the M2 machine gun, and that's about it. Hopefully, I'll get that done in the week.
Looking good despite the different hatch shades Joe . You could always say that the hatches are replacement parts that were fitted in the field
Thank you Pete and, Paul.
I did give the hatched a wash, but it didn't stain. Then I thought I could give them a coat of matt varnish to see if that helped with a wash. I used white glue so I can push them off from the inside if I change my mind.