Cheers guys, well the model has had primer sprayed on then the first colour for the caunter scheme sprayed on. It was then I hit a bit of a snag, whilst masking for the second colour the bloody tape lifted the base colour! So I had to strip it all off and start again. This time I've added a dash of tamiya clear to the paint which should stop any lifting this time.
The first colour is Portland stone which I mixed using the Starmer mix which is, 6 parts XF2 1 part XF3 & 1 part XF57. I'll give it a couple of days to cure before masking again just to be sure. The figure has also arrived and I've spent a fair bit of time cleaning it up as there was lots of mold lines and holes to deal with. Should look good with the AC though.
Cheers fellas, well after a lot of masking and waiting for paint to cure the camo pattern is now on the model. I'm happy with the shades as hopefully a bit of oil fading will lighten them all slightly as well as dust washes etc. The figure works well with the kit & I've made a start painting him. Never painted a desert Brit figure so again something new to tackle.