Thanks, Guy! I made some progress on the Whiskey Cobra and am getting close to the paint phase. There are horrible seams in the rotor well and there would be no way to get a sanding stick in there so I made sheet stock inserts and simply covered the seams. Next I over sprayed the clear canopy sections with AK NATO Black, prior to the primer phase. Next I applied the Tamiya Surface primer and I am in the process of sanding out the remaining imperfections and divots. Stay tuned..........
"Brothers and their fathers join their hands and make a chain. The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again."---------Iron Maiden, "The Wicker Man."
More work on the Whiskey Cobra as I got the landing skids installed. The Verlinden Resin set is so heavy it keeps the helo from being a tail sitter so no ballast was required. I also installed the Verlinden nose turret which is a once piece resin cast. Beautifully detailed and it just pops right in. Also, Verlinden supplied PE lens covers which is a nice addition. One downside to the kit was that the ordnance was kind of lacking in detail. This Whiskey will carry an asymmetrical load out of four TOWS and four Hellfires. The TOWS in the kit are OK but the AGM-114s were awful. I have the Academy MH-60L in the stack and that has nice Hellfires and racks in that kit so I will be using those for the Cobra. The MH-60L will be a future "Blackhawk Down" bird so it won't need the AGM-114s. The Whiskey will get one last primer touch up and then its time for some epic weathering as these helos were very dirty and grimy.