Wow, I was on a roll for a while there and suddenly an avalanche of Life swept me away from my workbench for far longer than I wanted! I was starting to experience withdrawal symptoms! Fortunately, I got my fix and got the Manufacturing plant going again....
All aboard for this next tour, and remember to keep hands and feet inside the trams at all times...
Let's head over to the shipyards first
On another Forums we're starting a War at Sea Group Build, so I pulled out something quick and easy... so far:
You can see there's not much to this kit:
So I got a quick start on it, mostly doing all the subassemblies that I could:
I like how the gun turrets and torpedo launchers turn!
In the next slipway, I have been slowly adding more photo-etch to the JMSDF ship Izumo. It's been a tough job, but fortunately I'm so very close to being done:
I've been slowly working my way around the flight deck, here is a closeup showing the bow:
And the stern:
That's what's happening in the shipyards, so now we move on. Since the hanger has been idle, we'll head over to the Motor Pool.
I've been going a bit slow on the British FV-432; only getting the suspension on right now:
I did get a couple more of the Russian Aerosans closer to being done. First I filled the most grievous gaps with some Mr. Surfacer 500 and sanded them down:
Then I shot white over them after masking the windshields:
They aren't perfect, but then again, they are for a game...
Later I detail painted one of them and added the two decals to it. This is almost done:
Since I was painting, I fired up the airbrush compressor and got started on all the vehicles that have been waiting for color.
First was the French AMX VCI APC. Here it is after the base coat:
Later I added a more medium French Army green to this in an attempt to modulate it:
It didn't work out like I'd hoped but I'm happy with it for now. I then shot a gloss coat on this and added the decals and painted the tracks a basecoat of black:
Next I brought out the M-ATV. I needed to add a clear green to the bulletproof windows all around. Since I lost my Tamiya Clear Green. I improvised with with a mix of Windsor Newton green and Mona Lisa Thinner. It didn't turn out like I hoped again, but it looks good enough from two feet away:
I added them on to the truck after they dried and later I masked them off for paint:
And then it got painted. I used a bottle of Testor's US Army Gulf War Sand color that I found in my collection of paints:
That's where I stopped on this after shooting a gloss clear on it. I moved on and shot a base coat of Olive Drab on my Italian B1T:
After a coat of gloss; I also added the decals to this:
Yes, there are decals on this; they are very small stencils... about ten of them. Here's proof I finished the decals on this:
Next up, my two Japanese Type 96 APCs which had been languishing for awhile as I got other models to the paint stage. I first shot a base coat of green on the two of them:
I only showed the one since they both look the same...
Next I masked them off with my Silly Putty to prepare for the second color:
Then I shot the second color:
...And then I removed the Silly Putty. Yes! They are ready for a clear coat and decals now:
Finally, I shot paint on my Israeli Centurion Sho't Kal Alef, starting with the green drab basecoat:
Later I shot the Israeli Armor Sand Grey over the top, modulating it as best I could:
Finally a gloss coat and decals, as well as some of the detail painting:
Well, it looks like I might actually finish a few of these before year end barring any additional avalanches... That would rock!
That ends this latest tour of Maddog Manufacturing. Thank you all for coming along on this ride; comments are always welcome.