Right busy on the bench today after I finished up the oils last night. A blast of mat varnish went on this am & this pm I removed the masking on the turret & drivers cab. Pleased with the effects, worn but not knackered. Just the job! Next will be lights etc before the mother of all pigment attacks!
I've been attacking the model with pigments last night & today and now have the lower hull all done. At first I thought I'd buggered it up as I was not convinced the colour was right. However as more went on it sort of settled down and I got used to the tone. When matched with pictures of the real thing it's very close & I wanted a very dusty look so I'm now happy with it. Some staining went on and exhaust stains too.
The turret will be next but with a lot less pigments added. I'm also making up a tarp and netting for the turret top basket too.
Finished off the turret last night & added a tissue paper tarp & camo netting plus antenna. Pretty pleased with the final effect so can now get a simple base sorted out before this one is done. Still searching for a figure but I can always add one later when I find something suitable.