Starting to close up the Hull of Miniart T-44, still a lot to of work to be done. Then the wheels...
Academy Magach 7 Conversion, I finished the head lights metal guards, well the Plastic kit has some different ones, but Legend's instructions, have something very similar to what I've done. Anyway I tried putting the resin turret just to see how it fits.
The lower hull is all set with it's plastic & resin parts.
I left out the side skirts, tracks and wheels since these will be built and painted ans added to the hull later on.
Trumpeter's BMP-1P, started working on the turret too.
I will start the wheels and tracks later.
I might apply a primer coat on the hull when I'll do Magach's Hull too.
And that's it for today fellas !!
I'm really enjoying these builds, so far everything is ok, hopefully at this rate I think I will finish a few kits this year.
Stay tuned for more this week... I might start something new soon...
T-44 from Miniart, I started the working with the small plastic base for the PE engine mesh... I messed up.
First, the plastic base was way too thin to cut & clean without breaking it ( even with a coat of Tamyia extra thin glue ), but I still managed to break in 3 parts and glue it back together, but I put the PE mesh on the wrong side, it's supposed to be inside and not over it... but now if I try to take it away I might break the plastic again.
Also the PE is so thin and flexible, almost like paper, when you cut it & clean, it starts bending and taking weird shapes.
Oh well, I still have to make 6 more of those...
I also cleaned up the other 8 wheels, I will paint them soon.
Wespe, from Tamyia, Started working on the 105mm gun, it required some plastic surgery but so far it's ok.
BMP-1P from Trumpeter, Worked on the turret, everything was going well when... I saw 40 tiny PE parts that require extra attention ... but I found a sweet solution.
Been a little busy today, but two things went wrong, I updated some apps on my phone, and after doing the photos, connecting the phone to the Laptop, it doesn't recognize it anymore... so I had to upload them to my Google drive first and then download them to the Laptop ... to make matters worse the mouse I was using just died, so know I have to use that tiny mouse pad on the laptop...
Anyway here's the update :
I noticed that Tamyia left on one of the sides has a recesses and raised plastic, nothing on the instructions about that, so I found some Verlinden German equipment that will go there.
I also connected the Radio to the antenna mount, scratched some wire and brackets too, funny enough... Aber has a gazillion PE for everything but not this...
Trumpeter's BMP-1P, I finished the small PE along the turret, but I still need to add some brackets to the smoke grenades rack.
Academy M1151, Almost done with the doors, and also added the front windscreen.
Magach 7, start adding some resin bits on the turret and gave another coat of primer on the hull
Meng's M3A3, painting the rubber tires for the wheels
I added 2 of the rear PE mesh screen mounted on their plastic holders, and then I made a mess losing part B16, with the help of Aber I scratched a piece and managed to work around, now all I need is to do the rest of the PE mesh screens to put over B4 and B5.
Intricate work on the BMP turret! The Magach is coming together nicely, as well, and looking fine in her primer.
"You watch the world exploding every single night Dancing in the sun a newborn in the light, Brothers and their fathers joining hands and make a chain The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again......" ------"The Wicker Man", by Iron Maiden