Ok......another small update but it has taken lots of naughty words and time to do.......a ladder!!!!
I didn`t have any suitable sized material for the ladder so i had to make do with a mix of 0.8mm copper wire and 0.6mm treads.....and a couple of bolts!!, the bottom two rungs fold up during moving but drop down when needed. This was a ferkin` mare to build........trying to attach 0.6 to 0.8 with out getting stuck to the bench and keep reasonably straight was a challenge indeed. I ended up clamping a small steel rule and making a small former with a heavy square weight to stop things wandering about.
Anyhoo..........under paint it should all be fine and i`m quite happy with it ...........oh....and some more boltwork on the rear deck
Double click the pics and it shows the ladder a bit bigger
"You watch the world exploding every single night Dancing in the sun a newborn in the light, Brothers and their fathers joining hands and make a chain The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again......" ------"The Wicker Man", by Iron Maiden
Thankeeee kindly Paul ..........just in the process of attaching the etch rear fenders to the new body work, took a bit of working out the measuring for the correct location........don`t have any location points like the kit!!, luckily enough a lot of help has come from having my other completed Scammell to work from..........only the rear deck on the hardtop Scammell is longer than the wrecker....that`s why the mudguards face the other way, i opted for facing the way the wrecker does simply because i prefer it
Ok...been doing a bit here and there and my main task was attaching the rear fenders, as mentioned earlier i have no location points so some measuring was required to get them to sit correctly from the wheels and also fit between the lattice work of the rear deck support......once the etch was bent to the required shape i went about drawing a template onto the lower part of the deck using the chassis frame as a guide to which area i had to work in. Once i had my `safe area` it was a case of making sure they were both positioned level.......i then simply applied a small piece of 1mm square rod on the lower deck to act as a location point and guide....then i did the same on the opposite side of each fender to sandwich it inbetween.....nice and rock solid.......the rest is just a bit of free licence.
Also finished off the external bolts all round....
Still got a few bits to do on the deck yet........ideas keep springing up , might jump over to the cab soon just for a change of scenery