I certainly ain't no I.T.ler but that difference does sound good. Haven't you got an internet flat-rate? That way the cost is always stable, well it is over here anyway.
Yeh Paul, I have a flat rate £29.99 as it was and £49.99 per month now, with other charges added on for weekend calls etc. Good thing is that higher rate does not kick in for 19 months but who knows where the charges will have got to by then.
I am sure you know how it is back here. Milk it for all it is worth and compromise if the minions object!
Also saw your little pun I.T.ler and as you must know we have a few of those here
Pics have made a big difference Tim............looks bluuuurdy smashing
I ring my provider up every year and annoy `em..........get a new rate each time, this year i got a new V6 box to replace that crap Tivo box plus the latest router/modem thing to replace the other crap one...........well those were the engineers words , and got 25.00 squidlys orfe me bill
A friend knocked up a base for this, which I have to finish, because in his opinion I ought to enter it at "On Track" next month. So once the Tax Return season has ended I need to get on and complete the deal. For now though this is what it looks like.
Many thanks for the comments and encouragement. The base was a nudge to push this over the line and has got the old juices flowing again.
Listed a few things to do to finish off and one of them is to dust up the windscreen whilst leaving the arc for wipers. Have cut a template but now I am not sure how to achieve the effect. Pigments and fixer or what?
Todays lesson then is how best to achieve the result with all you guys as sounding boards......... learn me please.
Tim, cut the mask and the use a very thin mix of Tamiya buff, or maybe as mix of Buff and Deck tan. Spray this at the vehicle or just the windscreen, but stay at about 25cm (10 inches) away from the vehicle. This will ensure that the paint mix looks like dust, and doesn't go down like a normal paint coat .
Here's my dusty stuff made from Tamiya paints:
If you brush it onto a kitchen towel, it should look something like this:
Can't remember Jeff, possibly 1 part paint to 5 parts IPA/water. It's best to cut the Alcohol, because if you don't it could remove the paint job like a paint stripper. I suppose it's all down to how fast you want to build up the dust coat. With this mix I can go over quite a few times, without getting over done.
Paul's spot on mate this is how I do my dusty windscreens, works a treat. I'd have a practice first on a bit of clear plastic as it can be very easy to get too much on. Use an old clear food container or similar.
Right then. I worked out what it was that I didn't like about the first effort and went back to work. The paint used for the dusting was Citadel Crushed Bone thinned with distilled water, so removal was a doddle with a wet brush.
Cut some more masks and came up with this which I am much happier with.
Another sideways movement but also a half step towards the end.