As you can see on the last picture posted I have added the exhaust system to the side of the Archer.
The System was assembled and then given a coat of Mr Surfacer 500 which was stippled to give texture. When this had dried I gave it a thin coat of Tamiya Dark Sea Grey. This was done to allow some of the lighter Mr Surfacer to show through. I then took a piece of sponge and began stippling on Life Color UA701 Rust Dark Shadow this was followed by (All Life Color BTW) UA908 Corroded Rust applied in the same way. Next I applied small amounts of UA703 Rust Light Shadow and UA909 Streaking Rust (all applied by sponge). When this was dry I added a few dots of AK Interactive Rust Streaks and blended them in with a flat brush moistened with White Spirit. The fixing straps were then hand painted in Hataka paints S.C.C No 15, the paint I used was ready mixed for AB use which worked to my advantage as I wanted some of the rust effect to show through thus indicating these painted parts also got hot.
Thats lookin` top draw Gaz , how do you find the Hataka paints.......are they user friendly
Cheers Boots thanks very much.
Hataka paints take a bit of getting use to but once you get to grips with them they are as good as any mate. The set I got was WWII British AFV's and is AB ready but I still add a couple of drops of their own thinner/AB cleaner as other manufacturers stuff turns it to jelly. Worth a go but you need to practice first.
Great work on the exhaust array. That is really a nicely detailed fighting compartment, too.
"You watch the world exploding every single night Dancing in the sun a newborn in the light, Brothers and their fathers joining hands and make a chain The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again......" ------"The Wicker Man", by Iron Maiden