Thanks chaps, I've now started painting up the rubbish and have sprayed the larger items today. A mix of red zebra stuff and other bits from the spares box & stash have been used. The food tins and drinks cans were made up from plastic tubing and plastic card punched out for lids & ends. I'll hand paint these and the bottles next.
Base has now been sprayed with tamiya deck tan for the sand and then various colours have been used to pick out some of the blocks. Further work here but it's getting there. Figure has also been started and some crisp packets made up and painted.
Today I've been experimenting as I wanted to try and replicate broken glass embedded in mortar on the top of the wall. I've got some microscope glass which I've had forever and have used for full windows before so thought I'd try this as it's the real thing. First up was some plaster mixed with some of the wooden deck tan paint and water which I spread on the top of the wall. Three glass sheets were then placed in a small zip bag and smashed up. The resulting shards were then pressed into the still damp plaster and left to set. Finally some VMS sand & ballast freeze was brushed on to see if it would secure the glass in place, which fortunately it did.
Cheers geezers! More on the base now and I've added some washes and staining on the wall & rubble and also painted up and fitted the re bar on the posts. Next up I'll be adding some pigments before starting on adding all the nice rubbish I've done for it. Also for those not following my figure painting SBS, he's all done and ready for the base.
Figure looks great and the base looks fantastic, too.!!!!
"You watch the world exploding every single night Dancing in the sun a newborn in the light, Brothers and their fathers joining hands and make a chain The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again......" ------"The Wicker Man", by Iron Maiden