Cracked the box on this last night and straight away deviated from the instructions as I found that the upper hull had a wicked bit of warpage which needed sorting. So I built up the lower hull first before offering up the upper section. I found I needed to cut the rear fender supports so I could try and bend the fenders back into shape. You can see the areas where I stressed the plastic by bending.
There is still a significant warp in them but I'll add the rear sections next which should help in straightening them out. Once that's done and it's all sorted I'll start removing the blobs on the engine deck and replace with wire handles and remove some dodgy weld lines & replace with stretched sprue.
Cheers guys well the warp issue is now sorted. Once I fitted the rear portions of the mud guards this helped correct the issue so I'm happy! Some more work needs to be done on the rear adding a few missing details but that's for later. All the engine deck handle locations have been drilled out & the wheels sorted.
Next I wanted get the tracks built up so cracked on with that. The masterclub track need very little clean up and with the resin track pins added go together reasonably quickly. The return rollers needed to be worked on as the slots for the track guides are too shallow for the metal tracks. I just used a thin file and put the wheels in my drill on slow speed to deepen the slots which ensures the tracks sit properly on the rollers.
It wasn't the best kit I've built, as a matter of fact I built two but the first one didn't survive the smack of pure frustration I gave it. After a week or so I pulled a 10mm long point of toothpick out of my arm, and that's no lie. The second one was built a range target.
Cheers guys, yes I've used that brick on a couple of bronco builds that sucked the life out of me! In fact the YW-750 is the first Bronco kit I've ever finished! Lets keep our fingers crossed I'll finish this bugger. Second track run finished today so it's on to the main building and I've started by replacing and adding weld lines. The driver and machine gunners hatches have had the prominent weld beads added using stretched sprue & the front plate has had weld beads added using magic sculpt. So far so good, some texture will go on once I've sorted a few more areas for weld beads.