What? 4 years since I update this one? mmm...that's not ok LOL. At the beginning of last year I made a start on detailing the smoke stack, but never took some decent photos. So, it got almost finished and I took out the Canon for some photos. The pagoda style bridge has been detailed as well. Not everything's there just yet, but it starts to look like the bridge of the mighty Y now. The superstructure has been etcherized as well and I forgot, but it seems I primed it to look for errors.
As you can see on the next photo there's a part missing on the exhaust area of the smoke stack (on of the beams or whatever one needs to call it). It got eaten by the carpet monster. So I'll need to figure a way to replicate that. Probably I'll use some thin paper soaked in ca glue.
Needless to say that all those fine details were quite timeconsuming and especially nervewrecking, but in the end worth the effort I think
The bridge and exhaust dry fitted on the superstructure.
The stairs are a mix of Tamiya etch (which is very hard and difficult to clean up) and the Pontos stairs/ladders. I had to revert to Tamiya ones because I folded some of the Pontos stairs in the wrong direction which rendered them useless.
The smaller aft 10m rangefinder has been detailed as well, though not finished yet. Some of the small triangle shaped supports were scratchbuilt since Tamiya ommitted them.
The 15.5m rangefinder has been detailed as well, though still a WIP
Hopefully next update won't take me 4 years again ey (atrb_partsz)